Friday 20 January 2012

COLONIAL CAMP SET

The figures in the pictures below are from Perry Miniatures ACW Union camp set. I purchased these a while ago as part of a deal RENEDRA were doing with their plastic tent sent, which was excellent value at £10.

I wanted to convert these figures so that I could use them for my Colonial collections. The two figures that I have painted are ideal for Zulu War British with their trousers tucked into their boots. The other figures will hopefully pass for NWF or Sudan British.

I converted these by removing the hats and one complete head from the figures and using an old Foundry head for one figure and for the rest I used Empress Miniatures pith helmets which they sell in equipment packs.

The tents which are plastic, come from Renedra apart from two, these are resin and come from Grand Manner. I have put them on individual bases using old DVD's with a little tile grout, PVA glue and sand.







This Sunday will be the anniversary of the battles of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift 22nd January 1879, so I will hopefully submit an additional Zulu War post on Sunday.      

13 comments:

  1. Great looking extras! I always really like those things as they just bring tables to life.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some excellent figures, nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!! Love the conversions. The whole setup looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat conversions - great idea to extend their usage from just ACW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Pat, very imaginative.
    Will they be playing put tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chaps.
    Steve, these boyo's will be staying behind in camp and I will just be taking my Zulu's and NNC along to the big game today. Hopefully take a few photo's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant! They really do help to set the scene perfectly. I've got some Renedra bell tents prepped and ready to go and this will certainly give me the inspiration to get on and paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great conversions and camp set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fantastic conversion and love the camp site. I will do something similar with my Zulu war stuff. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful conversions, beautiful paint jobs, beautiful terrain, and beautiful work in general! Not sure if you've ever stopped by my MaiwandDay.blogspot.com colonial wargaming blog, but if not, you might enjoy some of my Second Afghan War conversions of various Foundry and Perry figures, including complete units of Bombay infantry & cavalry, and a battery of RHA limbers, as well as various British, Indian, & Afghan characters. Look forward to seeing your new, dustier, terrain for NWF and the Sudan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks chaps.
    MG, I am a follower of your excellent blog but only just realised I did not have it on my blog list. This has now been rectified.
    My terrain boards are all done, I just need to take some pictures and fit them into the blog at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.